*click pictures to view full size

Saturday, March 1, 2008

They grow so fast...

I can't believe Lochlan is already 1 month old. I look at him and then look at my other two children and realize how quickly they grow. Lochlan is such a good baby. He doesn't fuss very much, although he really does prefer to be held. Between Anika, Celtin and myself he gets held most of the day. He is eating well and sleeps for a few 3 hour segments at night. I hope that will stretch out a little soon. I can tell he is getting bigger but will not know how much until his appointment on March 4Th. Last night he decided Mom and Dad did not have enough to do, so while I was changing his diaper on our bed he began to pee. I was trying to block it from going everywhere, yes with my hand, when he then pooped all over his blanket. It of course seeped through to our sheets and we had to change all the bedding. I know better and should have had the new diaper ready to put on him but I was not thinking. At least it did not get all over me. I have had that happen in the past.....not too pleasant. Sorry if that grossed anyone out but if you have ever had a newborn you most likely have had similar experiences. :) Oh the memories!

Anika has recently lost her two front teeth. She looks so cute and talks with a slight lisp. I was just thinking the other day how I can remember 1st grade pretty clearly, she is getting so big. She has been talking to her friends at school about church. She gave one of her friends a copy of the Book of Mormon and is teaching another the song "Book of Mormon Stories". She asks them if they read the bible and if they believe in Jesus Christ. She is happy to share what she knows about church and recites the first article of faith. She is so excited to get baptized this year and is trying very hard to be a good missionary. The mother of the little girl whom Anika gave the Book of Mormon asked me about it and we had a great discussion. She is Lutheran but said she would be interested to read the Book of Mormon and perhaps come and see what our church is about. Before I spoke with her she knew nothing of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We are so proud of Anika and the example she is to us.

Celtin also lost a tooth-his very first. He is very excited. He is also getting one of his big kid molars which he really is proud of. He is going to start kindergarten this next year. I can hardly believe how big he is. He is very smart and has picked up on a lot of the things Anika has been learning at school. He loves to help with his baby brother and will sit and hold him for 15 minutes. He is very patient when I need to do something for Lochlan. He has made some good friends out here but really misses his friends from Utah. He has just conquered Star Wars II on the PlayStation and doesn't know what to do with his free time. I will have to get a video of him playing as he actually gets quite the workout. He got the new Star Wars game for the Wii but since we don't have a Wii yet he is unable to play. We were going to get one for Christmas but have not been able to find on in the stores. It seems like everywhere we go they just sold out and don't know when they will get more. We have not been aggressively looking lately though...just too busy.

1 comment:

Becky said...

WOW, what beautiful kids! Thankyou so much for writing and finding a way to keep us all updated. I miss you guys so much. I found myself tearing up when I was reading your blog! I am so thankful for a daughter such as you who cares for and loves her family so well. my arms are aching to hold Lochlan,and give you all hugs and kisses. How I miss you!
Congradulations on your teeth, kids! And thanks fro being such good helpers for your momma!
I love you,
Mom/Gramma