It is that time of year again when everyone has to file taxes. I have always done our taxes myself; except one year, when Adam had his own business, we had to pay someone to do his business taxes so they did our personal as well. This year has been a little more difficult. Since we moved last year I had to file in two states as part year residents. I decided to pay for turbotax and e-file everything. It went pretty well except of course our IL state taxes are being held up because we did not include our DL# and weight. (don't ask me?)
When we moved here we had to register the car, get an IL title and a new drivers license. You would not believe how hard it is to prove that you are you. You must have a birth certificate and social security card plus proof of residency. Out of state licenses are only good enough to verify your signature. Adam has never had a copy of his birth certificate so we had to order one. I knew I had a copy but it took be at least an hour of digging to find it. I have a friend out here who was adopted from another country as a child. When she moved here from Utah a couple years ago she almost got deported trying to get an IL license. (I am not even joking.) How do people steal an identity when I can barely prove I am me?
Wishing luck to all those who still need to file and thank goodness it only comes once a year.
When we moved here we had to register the car, get an IL title and a new drivers license. You would not believe how hard it is to prove that you are you. You must have a birth certificate and social security card plus proof of residency. Out of state licenses are only good enough to verify your signature. Adam has never had a copy of his birth certificate so we had to order one. I knew I had a copy but it took be at least an hour of digging to find it. I have a friend out here who was adopted from another country as a child. When she moved here from Utah a couple years ago she almost got deported trying to get an IL license. (I am not even joking.) How do people steal an identity when I can barely prove I am me?
Wishing luck to all those who still need to file and thank goodness it only comes once a year.
My little tax deductions
1 comment:
what cute deductions. :)
john does our taxes. just thinking about them gives me a headache. sorry about all the hoops you had to jump through. good luck. :)
Post a Comment