*click pictures to view full size

Friday, March 21, 2008

No TV week

Well officially spring is here but if you looked outside you would still think it was the middle of winter. It is snowing and feels like 17 degrees out there. The weather man says we should expect about 6 inches in the next 24 hrs... Boo Hoo. I guess the Easter bunny will not be hiding any eggs outside this year.This week has been no TV week at Anika's school. They have had activities each evening for the families. We went to arts and crafts night, game night and the carnival. The kids really loved arts and crafts and made bracelets, door hangers and a wall hanger. Celtin would not make a bracelet because it was too girly but Anika's turned out very cute. They both really enjoyed the create your own picture table. They really love to do arts and crafts...especially Anika. I guess I should do them more often. The best part was not having to clean up.
Game night was fun, Celtin did a puzzle and would not give up until it was finished. I was so impressed because it was 100 piece puzzle and I only helped a little. Anika started a puzzle with some friends from class, before finishing they switched to play Sequence for Kids then after one round they moved on to Sorry. I think she had more fun goofing off with her friends than playing games.
The carnival was crazy...there were so many people there. We walked around playing little carnival games for prizes and ate cotton candy and popcorn. One of the prizes the kids won was their very own goldfish. They are so excited but to tell you the truth goldfish tanks kinda gross me out. We put Anika's fish in a glass drinking jar and now we have to go to the store to get fish food. I have tried to prepare them for the idea of the fish dying but with my luck they will live forever. It was very fun but a little exhausting doing something every night so Wed we skipped bingo night. Anika is out today through the 30Th for spring break. I hope the weather warms back up so we can do some fun things while she is off.
Lochlan is doing great! As you can see he is putting on some weight. He loves being naked and if it wasn't so cold I would let him more often. If he is really upset I can just lay him down take off his clothes and he will calm right down. What a silly little guy.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Apparently none of my comments have been saved before.
This is the second time I have written this one!
Do you rememeber when we used to go without TV for a week or month and all the fun thisngs you kids would start doing in the evenings without TV? COol that the school hgad activities to help out. It was so fun to see them enjoying themselves. Lochlan is such a cutie, I can't wait to hold him in just 2 weeks!!
Mom/Gramma

Jenny said...

i just want to squeeze your cute baby. love that picture of him.

the no tv week at the school looks like lots of fun.

sorry about all the snow. what a bummer. we're anxious for warm weather here, and luckily no snow had "stuck" in the last week or two.