*click pictures to view full size

Monday, March 3, 2008

Happy Casimir Polaski Day

Okay so today is Casimir Polaski Day....Anika is out of school to celebrate. I had no idea who he was so I had to look him up on the Internet. For anyone who is as clueless as I was he is a Polish military man who served as a general under George Washington during the American Revolution.

Yesterday after church we decided to go walk through the forest preserve. Celtin wanted to go look for animals, binoculars in hand, and the kids are tired of being cooped up. It was a little warmer yesterday so we thought we would try and go out. The path was still covered in snow/slush and 1/4 mile down the path it began to sprinkle so we hurried back to the car feeling somewhat defeated. We did see bunny tracks and a few birds.






On the way home we stopped by the lake so Adam and the older kids could walk out on the ice. They have been wanting to do that all winter. They really thought it was cool and I think it will be a fun memory when it is all thawed. It was quite wet since the top was melting so we might go back when it is colder and they can walk out further. Yes...we are easily amused.
Standing on the frozen lake!

1 comment:

Banham Luck! said...

Hope you enjoyed the holiday, we unfortunately did not celebrate.........seeing that I have no clue who he is either! Glad you are blogging, we just started too, it is kind of fun. Hope you are doing well. Wow three gorgeous kids!