*click pictures to view full size
Friday, February 29, 2008
No more cold...please!
I am so tired of the cold....when will spring arrive. The ground has been covered in snow, actually a very thick layer of ice, way to long. I am not a huge fan of the cold weather, it was fine when I was pregnant but for the past month I have been freezing. People keep telling me how horrible the heat and humidity is in the summer out here but it can't be as bad as the freezing winter. Other than the cold I really love it out here. It is so beautiful and I love all the lakes and forest preserves. The kids have really enjoyed seeing wildlife in our backyard. I can't wait to see what it looks like in the spring. We have been out here in Illinois since November so it has been winter the entire time. I do miss the mountains...Not only do I love being in the mountains they come in very handy when trying to navigate. I never have any idea which direction I am going unless I check the compass. Thank goodness for GPS! I will not drive anywhere without one, unless I have been there at least 10 times before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so happy your blogging now. It's so great to be able to keep in touch this way. You're kids are so beautiful!! I'm glad your enjoying the midwest. It really is so beautiful out there. WE always had bunnies in our backyard in the spring and summer, so that is something to look forward to. There were deer all year too because they don't have mountains to go to. Anyway, have fun and I'll keep checking in for updates.
Shylo! This is SO cute! I love hearing what you guys are up to, we miss you!
Post a Comment