*click pictures to view full size

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sick, Sick, Sick

Saturday Anika started running a fever, she continued to get worse so she stayed home from church Sunday and school Monday. She had a horrible headache, stomach ache, cough and a fever over 103. She slept a lot and refused to eat, anything she ate came back up. We tried to keep her hydrated with Gatorade, Sprite, water and ice. On Tuesday she went back to school but only lasted half the day before she felt yucky and her fever crept back up. She is finally feeling a little better but still has a tummy ache and a cough. She is eating a little better and drinking fluids fine. At first I thought it was Strep because they sent a note home from school stating someone had it in her class but her throat never really started to hurt. I guess it is the flu! She is going to try and go back to school again tomorrow.

Adam woke up Tuesday feeling a little achy but insisted on going to work. He came home after half the day because he really did not feel well. Tuesday afternoon Celtin started to feel a little warm and did not want to eat dinner. Sure enough his fever shot up to 103 and he has been a little lethargic. Luckily he does not seem to feel as bad as Anika did. As long as I keep ibuprofen in him, to keep down his fever, he doesn't complain too much. I hope he doesn't get worse. Adam is a trooper and went in to work and stayed the whole day. I feel so bad when everyone is sick. Luckily Lochlan and I have managed, so far, to stay healthy. I keep him away from everyone as much as possible but keep your fingers crossed for us. I really don't want to deal with him getting the flu.




Even when
they are
sick they
still manage
to smile
for the camera!

2 comments:

Ryan and Carli said...

Oh man. That stinks. Good luck to you and Lochlan. I hope you don't get sick to. Moms aren't allowed to get sick, right?

Jenny said...

poor kids (and adam). :)
hope everyone is feeling better soon!