We had a couple of house guests over spring break. The kids loved having them here! They were mostly quiet and not too messy so I didn't really mind them either. Cookie and Ginger normally live in Ms. Buchers 2nd grade classroom but get to stay with host families on long weekends. Anika was dying to look after them and since we thought Adam was going out of town for work over spring break I agreed. (His trip ended up getting cancelled and he took 4 days off to stay home with us instead YEAH!) Lochlan was fascinated and even learned to say Cookie. He would run to Anika's room several times a day to see them or feed them carrots.
They are cute but I have a hard time not thinking of mice especially when I see Ginger running around. She is only 6 months old so she is smaller and she is all brown and very active. I am glad it was only for a week! Anika took care of the water and food but I had to vacuum Anika's room daily because the kids would get them out several times and they inevitable brought some of the cage bedding with them. I also had to clean the cages halfway through the week. YUCK, but I guess it was worth it to see how much fun the kids had. :)



3 comments:
Those are the kind of pets to have...ones you can send back. Your daughter is gorgeous.
Anika's face in the pic with the tan shirt is so pretty looking. I mean it is always but man she's working it with that pet!! ;)
I love your scrapbook pages I think I better go buy a program already!!
Would you like to borrow my dog for a long weekend? I might not be available though, when you want to return him......!
Post a Comment