*click pictures to view full size

Friday, April 24, 2009

Family Fun

A little while ago Adam took some days off work and we enjoyed some fun activities. We make lollipops one day; the kids picked out root beer flavoring with heart and bear sucker molds along with a tray to make gem shapes. It was fun and the kids really enjoyed eating them after they were finished. They were so proud that they had to take some over to our neighbors.

We also bought some diet coke and a pack of mentos. If you have not tried this experiment with your kids it is definitely worth it. It doesn't last long but they think it is so awesome! My pictures don't do it justice, It shot about 7 feet up! We tried it with the smaller bottles, but it did not shoot nearly as high as the 2 liter. Adam tried putting a mento in his mouth and taking a drink to let it shoot out. It did not work very well but I loved how Anika looked so disgusted. :)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

do you just put a mento in the bottle? my boys would think that was so cool. (ruby probably would, too). :)

Keli said...

You're such a fun mom. I would never even think to do this. But now I'm thinking the Activity Days girls would get a kick out of it.

carizolli said...

Oh man. I think I'm going to go buy sucker stuff tomorrow. What a fun thing to do with your kids.

And the Dt. Coke + Mentos. Gonna have to try that one too.

Dalynne Denhof said...

never heard of the diet coke/mentos thing...a new experiment to try-awesome! I grew up w/ the works bombs...little more dangerous :<