One morning Adam came in to tell me we had a visitor and proceeded to show me a little video he had taken out our front window. We have a little field mouse living under our porch. Anika begged him not to show me the video for fear that I would kill it. (Am I that mean?)
After I took Anika to school I was feeling brave so I ventured out onto the front porch to see the holes he dug. Apparently before school Anika snuck out and shoved an entire string cheese down one of the holes. Not only does she not want it killed, I guess she would like it as a pet! I couldn't bring myself to pull the cheese out because the thought of the mouse running out at the same time petrified me. By the time Anika came home from school the mouse had taken the cheese down to its den and it has been living there ever since. I am too scared to hang out on our front porch and the stinking thing keeps digging more holes. I have started filling in the holes with dirt, I am not mean.... really. I don't want it dead, I just would like it to go live somewhere else.
No comments:
Post a Comment