The kids love the snow and spend all winter outside, well the days that are not completely frozen so maybe only 1/8 of the winter. They bundle up as warm as they can with all their winter gear then they run around and play in the snow/ice until their cheeks are red and their noses frozen. This of course happens in a matter of 5- 10 minutes after which they come in only to start the cycle over the next hour.
It makes me miss winters in Utah where they could play outside for 30 minutes or more before they had to come in to warm up.
We have had some really nice days in the 60's. Oh how I have missed my dear friend the sun. Winters out here can be so long and grey. Occasionally when the wind dies down I can feel her warm kisses on my cheeks and it just makes me so happy! Lochlan loves going outside and has figured how to open the front door so we must keep the deadbolt locked. We walk down the street to the park or ride bikes and scooters. Lochlan loves riding in his stroller and playing with sidewalk chalk. I like the snow but I LOVE THE SUN.



Just when I have said goodbye to winter and packed away the snow clothes (knowing all too well that it will snow again) it snows again. This was the first day of spring break. The snow was extremely wet and the sun graciously came out later to begin the melting process. Not exactly how I pictured spending my spring break but we had a good time anyway. So here's hoping that Spring is really here to stay!
2 comments:
Your pages are SOOO cute! What program do you use? I can't wait for Spring to officially stay too, not a big fan of the winters here!
Sooooo cute!! I love you all and miss you so much. Grammy
Post a Comment