*click pictures to view full size

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kindergarten Here I Come

Celtin had his first day of Kindergarten today. He could not wait and asked at least 20 times if it was time to go...he has afternoon kindergarten so he had to wait until after lunch. We started his day with a special breakfast. His only request was bacon so I decided to make a pancake spider with bacon legs. The spider was smiling but I guess when he lifted it for the picture the smile fell down on one side-oh well. He was so excited for all the bacon!

Adam surprised us yesterday evening by arriving home earlier than scheduled. I guess he finished up at the knowledge expo and convinced the secretary that if they paid to change his flight, so he could come home early, it would ultimately save them money since they wouldn't have to pay for one more night at the hotel and his food and car rental. We were thrilled to see him. Adam took today and tomorrow off to see Celtin off to school and make an extra long weekend. :)

Celtin was so brave and looked so handsome. I can hardly believe how big he is but he seems ready. He did grab my hand as we walked him down to the kindergarten pod and held it a little tighter than normal. All the kindergartners sat down together and the principal, Mrs Arndt, read them a story then she called their names and they lined up with their teachers. It was really crowded and Celtin kept scooting away from this little girl who sat next to him. I think he was nervous because Adam told him all the little girls would think he was cute. He was so smiley, I think I was more nervous than him. I knew he would do great but I was a little worried that it would be hard for him to make friends. He said he had a great day and he made a friend, although he cannot remember his name. I asked him if he wanted to go back tomorrow and he screamed YES!

4 comments:

Keli said...

Look at you, crafty breakfast maker maven! So cute!

Becky said...

CELTIN!!!
You are so big! I am so happy you liked your firsdt day of school! I am so proud of you and happy for you! I think you are so lucky to have such a talented spider breakfast making mom!
Hug and kiss her for me, will you?
I miss you,
Love, Gramma!

Holly said...

He has such a cute smile. And once again another adorable pancake!!

TURKS said...

He is getting so big. Jake desperately wanted to go the Kindergarten this year, but he had to settle for preschool again. Oh well.