*click pictures to view full size

Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Adam

Adam had a birthday last Friday! I hate that every year I get older but I love that one month later he gets older too. :) There is something great about the fact that he will always be 4 years older than me. His birthday was a little lame this year. We went to my sister in laws and ate the usual angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream and much to his chagrin sang Happy Birthday. Then we left the big kids to sleep over and headed to the mall. After shopping for an hour or so we finally found what Adam wanted at Banana Republic (work pants that are not too dressy and not too casual). Did we buy these perfectly casual dress pants....no of course not because we have cashback bonus on our discover card that if cashed in for Banana Republic certificates will give us $25 for every $20. We will be going back in a week when we receive these gift cards and hope that those exact pants are still there and still on sale. I would like to remain completely oblivious to the fact that the saving will be somewhat offset by the amount of wasted gas and time.

On the way home Adam wanted to eat a delectable Italian Beef Sandwich, his new craving-thanks Ryan. On our quest for this sandwich we decided to try Sammies; we will not be going back there again! The sandwiches were not great and the inside of this restaurant looked and smelled like my 60 year old elementary school with mustard yellow tables and brown panelled benches. I would totally deal if it had great food but how does this place stay in business? We headed home and enjoyed a quiet relaxing evening together. Adam had an undisturbed night of sleep (I still had to get up and feed the baby) thanks again Carli for keeping Anika and Celtin all night.

Happy Birthday Babe!! We Love you!

3 comments:

Keli said...

Oh, don't tell me he didn't get an uninterrupted night of sleep, wink wink.

Sean keeps telling me he loved Sammy's. Maybe his palate isn't as refined as Adam's. For good Italian Beefs, (beeves?), you have to go to Portillo's in VH. So good.

TURKS said...

Your shopping experience doesn't surprise me, knowing what I know about Adam. :) Happy Birthday you old man! Oh, BTW, the other old man, (justin) says HI.

The MacLeods said...

Happy Birthday Adam! Sorry, if Aaron didn't call - he is a little busy and tends to forget things sometimes!