*click pictures to view full size

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sick Little Monkey

Lochlan has been sick...Sunday he had a low grade fever, Monday it was around 102.5 and the Tylenol was not cutting it so we went and got some ibuprofen. Tuesday morning it increased to 103.2, I gave him some ibuprofen but he threw it all up and after 2 hours of him being so hot I decided to call his doctor. We went in and of course it is probably a virus so we were sent home to wait it out.
He is usually so happy but the past few days he just whimpers and cries. He has been doing lots of cuddling and sleeping. Adam left early Monday morning for a work trip to Salt Lake for four days so it has been a little difficult. Anika and Celtin have been so patient, since I am consumed with Lochlan. They have been playing well together (for the most part) and keeping themselves entertained. Yesterday my sweet friend took them to the park and then to her house for the majority of the day. I am so glad to have good friends when family is so far away; the kids had a great time and it was good for them to get out of the house.
Here is a picture of my sick little monkey! The only way I can get him to sleep comfortably is in his car seat, with a cool rag on his head, while I bounce him on my knees. He has become attached to this little blanket ever since our trip to Utah. It was the only blanket we took, so I nursed him under it for the entire two weeks, now when he is fussy we give it to him and he instantly calms down.

6 comments:

Beth and Jess said...

Poor little guy!!!! I hate when my little babies are sick. You feel so helpless. I hope he gets better quick.

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

Poor guy, I hope he starts feeling better soon.

Holly said...

At least he looks peaceful in his carseat. Thank goodness for good neighbors, I hope he starts feeling better.

Lacey Fay Cottrell said...

OH I hate to see little babies sick:( I am so happy to have found your blog though, and my boys had a blast at the park with your kids. We'll have to get together som more soon!! Take care

Kim said...

Oh, poor guy. That is such a sad picture. Hope he's feeling better.