*click pictures to view full size

Monday, August 18, 2008

Stake Meeting

We had a special stake meeting this past Sunday. We were lucky enough to hear from Elder Richard G. Scott. He spoke on priorities and teaching our children. He said that we must not worry about doing everything even if they are all good things. We should make a list and be sure the most important things get accomplished. Sometimes when people try to do it all and be perfect wives, mothers, church members etc they fail and give up entirely. This is something that really touched me...I worry too much about doing it all and then don't accomplish the truly important things. I am so grateful for the lessons we learn and that if we listen the spirit will direct us to the things we need to hear.

Lochlan is feeling much better...thank goodness!

3 comments:

TURKS said...

I have a hard time with the same thing. I also had some inspiring advise. There is a time and a season for all things. We can't do everything now, but there is a time for everything. Like you said, do what is important right now and there will be a time for the other. Love ya Shy. Glad Lochlan is better!

Kim said...

He looks much better! Glad to hear it.

Beth and Jess said...

Thanks for sharing!!!! We just had a stake meeting also with Elder Shumway and it was very similar. He gave a list from Pres. Hinckley about priorities. We moms have issues don't we?