*click pictures to view full size

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back To School

Yesterday we went to the Meet and Greet at the school so the kids could meet their teachers. This was total chaos as I lugged 5 bags of supplies, the diaper bag and Lochlan to two different classes on opposite sides of the building. We started on the primary side and went to see Celtin's teacher, Mrs Ellis, first. She is around my age with a 4 month old baby girl at home and very nice. We sorted out his supplies to the community bins then she had a little scavenger hunt for him to do. Next we stopped by Ms Robbin's class so Anika could say hello then went over to the elementary side to find Anika's class. Anika had to sort through and organize her supplies into desk, art tote, community bins and backup supplies. I was so tired by the time we got out of there. Anika's teacher, Ms Bucher, had called on Monday to talk to her and tell her how excited she was to meet her. Anika loved that she got a phone call from her. She is very sweet and has been teaching for several years.

Anika started back to school today. I can hardly believe she is in second grade. This morning we started off with a special breakfast. I made french toast and hash browns. (Use your imagination...it is supposed to be a butterfly-she loved it!) She picked out her clothes, backpack and hairstyle all by herself. The boots were a must! (I paid a little more for them than usual but she really wanted them for her first day of school) She looked so cute and grown-up today. I was very proud of her as she walked over to line up with her teacher, she didn't appear to be nervous at all. She was all smiles even though her dad is still out of town and she is kinda bummed she did not get to see him this morning before the big day. Hopefully he will get home tomorrow to see Celtin off to kindergarten.

7 comments:

Beth and Jess said...

What a good mom you are. French toast and hashbrowns. My kids are jipped. :) She is beautiful. She looks so much like your family. Love the boots.

The MacLeods said...

How exciting two kids in school! Sounds like things are going good!

Keli said...

Where is your table dance? I thought I could really get that trend going.

She's so cute.

carizolli said...

LOVE the french toast butterfly, Shylo! How very creative of you!

Your daughter is adorable, and so fashionable! She did a good job picking out her first-day-of-school outfit!

Becky said...

Hi my sweeties! I am so excited for your first days of school. You are indeed lucky kids to have such a super mom...
I miss you so much!!
Anika you look so grown up and beautiful and so stylish.... like a teen model!
Have a wonderful year, looking forward to seeing you guys again!

Holly said...

Awesome looking french toast! Anika looks so much like you.

TURKS said...

Yeah 2nd grade. Taylor was excited to see pics of Anika on her first day. Great butterfly and spider. You always go all out and make me feel like a horrible mom! Just Kidding.