*click pictures to view full size

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

We had a great weekend. Adam took Thursday and Friday off, I love it when he is home! We made a trek to the Jelly Belly factory. It was kinda lame but the kids had fun. We drove around a big warehouse in a little train and watched movies about how the beans are made. We did get free samples and bought huge bags of reject candies for pretty cheap. They had a sample area where you can try different things including some really nasty sounding Jelly Belly's.
I told the kids they could not buy some yummy candy until they tried one of the odd flavors. Finally they gave in and both tried toothpaste (the least disgusting sounding), I had baby wipes (gross, tasted just like you would think a baby wipe tastes....Lochlan actually tried baby wipes on Monday) and Adam had skunk smell. They were all pretty nasty! We went to the beach in Kenosha, WI. It was a great day and the water was really nice. The kids had so much fun playing in the water and sand. Lochlan was a little unsure of the wet sand but loved playing in the dry sand. He didn't seem to mind the water too much but I think it was a little cold for him. Adam was throwing the kids in the air and letting them land in the water...they thought it was so fun. We went to the park with Adams sister and family but did not stay long because it was just way too hot. We headed home to run through sprinklers and "swim" in my niece Hayden's pool. We ordered pizza and had root beer floats-YUM! We love hanging out with them so I am glad they live close.

5 comments:

Beth and Jess said...

Mmmmm MMmmmmm I love jelly belly's. It sounds like lots of fun to me. Maybe not the baby wipes though. Yuck.

Keli said...

That beach looks like a good one. The one we went to was in Zion (little Mexico), and had rocks about 5 feet out into the water. It hurt so bad! Once you got past the rocks, it was sandy, but by then you were up to your pits in freezing water!

Okay, and we're totally having you guys over for 'smores for family night one night, so be prepared.

carizolli said...

Ack! I can't believe some of the flavors they come up with! Who would think to make a candy that tastes like a skunk? *blegh*

Looks like you guys had a jam-packed weekend! Tons of fun!

The MacLeods said...

That pretty interesting about the weird jelly belly flavors. Thank goodness they don't actually put those out for people to buy. Gross!! Sounds like you guys had a fun Labor Day weekend. Ours was rainy - go figure!! F.Y.I. if you ever have the gum stuck in hair incident again - peanut butter will take it out (so I hear)!

TURKS said...

Camryn enjoys an occasional baby wipe too. I hate Jelly Belly because of their gross flavors. Justin has tricked me a few times, so I have lost all faith in them. YUCK!!!