*click pictures to view full size
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Volo Bog
Last weekend we went over to the Volo bog. Adam's sister and her family joined us for a leisurely 1/2 mile stroll around the marshland. It was tons of fun and we spotted turtles, frogs, snakes, grasshoppers and dragonflies. Lochlan slept in the stroller for about half the walk; when he woke up he was so content...that little boy loves being outside. It was so peaceful and beautiful. If it is nice this weekend I think we will go back and try the 3 mile walk in the woods that surround the bog.
At first Anika was a little nervous because the wood path you walk on is just floating on the water so it is wobbly. After she realized the water was not very deep she was fine.
Celtin chased a snake, tried to touch a frog, and picked up a grasshopper (after I snapped a picture, encouraged by Adam, he threw it in my face!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That looks like a fun place to go. It looks like you had a good time.
Lovely boys, always trying to scare the girls. That looks fun, we did something like that in Florida and there was a big ol' spider web in our path, so we had to turn around and enjoy the first half again!
I've been wanting to go there. Sounds like a good time. It would be Maggie's worst nightmare. She hates nature.
It looks like so much fun. But ewwww I hate grasshoppers almost more than anything. Dads.
I hate grasshoppers too. After our infestation of them in Tooele, I can do without for the rest of my life. The bog looks awesome. Wish we had stuff like that here.
That place looks awesome! What a fun thing to do!
Post a Comment