*click pictures to view full size

Monday, September 15, 2008

Bingo and Rain

Last Friday we had Back to School Bingo night. It was pretty chaotic but the kids had fun. It took them a long time to win but each of them got a prize. Everyone brought a new or gently used toy for the prize table. They ate tons of free popcorn...I guess they were hungry since I made tortilla soup for dinner and they didn't really like it.






It rained so much the past weekend our backyard pond flooded. It rose about 7 feet, the kids thought it was great. They walked around with Adam in the rain checking out the wildlife (frogs, a crawdad (Adam of course picked him up), turtles (they didn't see them during the walk...but I know they are in there), muskrats and a heron) By the time they made it all the way around Anika was in up to her knees. I found this a little disturbing because you could not see the bottom. What if she stepped on a frog or snapping turtle? Yikes! I guess I am a little more uptight than Adam so I am sure the kids were glad he is the one that took them. Poor Lochlan had to stay inside with me. I think he really wanted to go...he kept crawling over and banging on the sliding glass door. I took him out on the porch for a little bit; he didn't seem to mind the rain.

5 comments:

Keli said...

7 feet? Holy cow! It looks like you're up on a hill, and it's probably a good thing! Our ponds have risen a foot or two, maybe, but we're nowhere near them, so I'm okay with that.

The MacLeods said...

Looks like you guys have been having some cool adventures!! That looks like a lot of fun - wading around in the pond!!! My kids would love that! Damon keeps telling me he wants to come visit you guys next summer! We'll see - it's kind of expensive to fly there but it would be a lot of fun!!

Ryan and Carli said...

At least our grass is green now after all the rain, right..

TURKS said...

Bingo...That's a great activity. Your pond looks like a lot of fun.

Beth and Jess said...

That is so cool. Is that right outside your house. It looks like so much fun and so beautiful.