*click pictures to view full size

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Carnival and Prime Time

A couple of weeks ago we attended the annual school carnival! The kids played a ton of ghetto carnival games, won a bunch of cheapo prizes and ate a ton of free popcorn! They loved seeing their friends and insisted on playing each and every game. Lochlan was so happy to get his own balloon and loved running around with his cousin Hayden.

Later that week Anika and I went to "Second Grade Prime Time"; it was an evening filled with reading, games, pizza, storytellers and singing around a campfire. It started at 6 pm and lasted until 10:30 and I am quite sure Anika smiled the entire time. I was a group leader and was supposed to keep the kids reading during silent read time (not an easy task) and usher them to and from each activity. Most kids in our group had parents with them so I didn't have to do much. It was such a neat experience for Anika and it was totally free for all the kids. A bunch of local sponsors covered the entire cost.

1 comment:

Lacey Fay Cottrell said...

That all sounds like so much fun!! sometimes the simplest activities are the funnest to do! Anika had a blast I can tell!