Pumpkin Carving
After the trip to the pumpkin patch the kids begged daily to turn their pumpkins into Jack-O-Lanterns. After a few days we gave in and did it for FHE. It was two weeks before Halloween so now they are piles of rotten mush-Yum!
We pulled out our one good knife and Adam cuts out the tops and the kids cleaned the insides. Then they drew their design and carved them mostly by themselves. Adam's pumpkin is a cyclops, mine is a pirate, Anika's is the heart eyes and Celtin's is a traditional scary pumpkin. Lochlan slept through the whole thing but we did draw a face on his little pumpkin!


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
School Parties
I helped in both Anika's and Celtin's school parties. I went to Anika's first from 1 until 2:15, they had tons of goodies and a special witches brew punch, they decorated pumpkin cookies and had a parade through all the second grade classrooms. After I left they played some games. Celtin's party started at 2:15 and went until the end of school at 3:25, they had 5 craft tables and a snack table. Celtin was so busy doing all the crafts he did not even sit down at the snack table. He frosted and ate a cookie, made a candy necklace, a tootsie roll sucker ghost, a fridge magnet ghost and a popcorn hand. They both got tons of candy from all their friends and had a blast. Adam too the day off an Lochlan stayed with him. 



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Costumes
Anika is a spider witch. I used some of her old costume from last year but made a new shirt, the hat and made the skirt fuller with frayed ends.
She had specific plans for the face makeup. 
Celtin is Indiana Jones, his shirt, pants and sack are made from two of Adam's old dress pants that were headed to DI (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) The hat I got at Dollar Tree and made a few changes so it would look more like Indiana Jones Fedora and the whip is made out of some scrap material from last years Anakin cape.
Lochlan is a turtle; I made this costume when Celtin was a baby...glad to be able to use it again. ;)

Trick or Treating
After school we went trick or treating with our next door neighbors and a friend of Anika's from school in the neighborhood just north of us (Our neighborhood did trick or treating the Sunday before Halloween-retarded) After about 45 minutes we went over to our friends the Clayton to trick or trick in their neighborhood and each yummy chili and cornbread. The kids had so much fun and got way to much candy. Luckily mom and dad are good at helping eat the candy! :) Lochlan went trick or treating but slept for the first little while and since he can't really eat much candy we didn't even take a bag for him. Anika and Celtin are more than willing to share with him when I say they can.



6 comments:
Cute cute and cute!
You guys look awesome! Great costumes... Thanks Shylo for posting!
Love you,
Gramma
You are TOO so talented!! Made costumes out of old clothes...man when I see you again I totally need to have an "Your awesome" pin or something!! They looked great! The school went all out huh! Kids always love those days
Those costumes turned out great! You crafty-mama, you! Good job!
I didn't know you could sew. You did a great job....WOW!!!
cute kids!!!
Indiana Jones...look way better than the "REAL"Indiana Jones!..haha
the kids costumes are awesome. I would love to make my kids costumes, but I guess that means I have to learn to sew first. fun times hanging out with your family for Halloween!
Post a Comment