*click pictures to view full size

Monday, July 7, 2008

Solids, Carnival and 4th

Lochlan started eating solid food about a month ago. It took about two weeks and now he is a champion eater. He has made it through all the cereals and tried squash an tonight sweet potatoes...YUM! He likes his food but still covets everything we eat. :)Shortly after we got back from Utah we went to a carnival with some friends. Everything was free except the food. The kids had fun with face painting, petting zoo, race cars, balloon animals, childrens museum display, velcro wall and more. It was to celebrate our town turning 100! I love it when there are fun free things to do.











On the 4th we headed downtown to attend the Taste of Chicago and to check out Navy Pier. Adams sister and family came with us and we had a wonderful time. The kids enjoyed taking the Metra and trolley. Anika and Celtin were such troopers as we did A LOT of walking. We tried yummy food...my favorite was Eli's frozen cheesecake on a stick covered in chocolate and toffee! YUMMY!! It was cool to be downtown and we will make many more trips because there is tons to do. The only down side was that my sister in law lost her purse and spent an hour trying to find it with no luck. I hate it when stuff like that happens-luckily it was on our way home so it didn't ruin the entire day.





3 comments:

Kim said...

I loved visiting Chicago...someday I need to go again! Looks like you guys are finding lots of fun things to do.

Holly said...

I was in Chicago once for a business trip and loved it!! I love the pictures. I have been trying and trying to post pictures side by side on my blog so I want to know how you do it. Will you email me at hollywallybolly@yahoo.com and tell me how pleeease?!?

Jenny said...

i don't think we ever have fun free stuff around here. :)

looks like you guys are having a lot of fun. i keep hearing that chicago is great. maybe one day we'll be able to visit.