*click pictures to view full size

Monday, July 28, 2008

Barely Balanced and Birthday

I took the kids to see a free show at the civic center last Thursday. A group from the Renaissance fair in Kenosha WI came down and put on a free and fun little show. They are called Barely Balanced and did lots of different balancing tricks, walked on stilts, juggled knives and fire sticks and blew fire. The kids loved it and it was very entertaining for me as well. Anika and Celtin were inspired and have been trying to do their own set of balancing tricks.

I am officially 30! I had a fun birthday and my sweet husband planned a surprise BBQ at our friends house. It is so great to have good friends when all my family is far away. I kept saying "I am so old", so Anika made me a card that said "You are not old compared to a 40 year old. 30 makes you feel old but you are never to old to be loved." What a sweetie, she cracks me up. Celtin made me a card and gave me a big handful of money. I told him he did not have to give me his money, but he said "It's okay it is from your money jar." :) My kids are the greatest! My hubby is not too bad either!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Yay, you're 30 like me now:) Happy late Birthday! Ankia and Celtin look like they are doing great at their own balancing moves. I love the part about the money jar.

Banham Luck! said...

That is an awesome balancing trick....Do your kids know that you were heavily into gymnastics? Maybe you could show them some stuff! 30 feels really old doesn't it! I hate it! (Hate is such a strong word, and yet it applies so well to turning 30!)
Happy Birthday Shylo!

Tukuafu's said...

Happy Birthday! Welcome to the wonderful world of the 30's!! Love the gifts from your kids.. they are hilarious!

TURKS said...

Shylo, Shylo, Shylo...You are so old!! Just remember, you will always be younger than me and for sure younger than your OLD husband! :) Happy Birthday! Love ya