*click pictures to view full size

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mothers Day

I love mothers day...it is a great opportunity for me to reflect on the many wonderful things I enjoy about being a mom. My kids and hubby always try to make the day extra special. This year since Declan was not quite a month old I wasn't going to take him to church so everyone just stayed home with us. The big kids and Adam made me some yummy strawberry, whipped cream crepes for breakfast. I am not even gong to tell you how many I ate-but they were superb. Anika and Celtin both gave me some wonderful gifts they made at school. They are such good kiddos and I love them so much. I also got a bag filled with all my favorite candies and cookies. Lochlan was so sure I was going to share, and how could I resist such a cute little monkey.
We packed up and headed to the Focean (aka Lake Michigan beach) for the afternoon. It was a little chilly so the beach was almost completely empty; just the way I like it. It was so peaceful and relaxing. We buried our feet in the sand, searched for rocks and just hung out together.
It was a perfect afternoon! I am so grateful for my four beautiful, kind, smart, silly (I could go on and on) kids and the opportunity I have to be their mother. We went home and ate Adam's delish steak sandwiches. Mmm Like I said... I love mothers day!

1 comment:

Kelley Rae said...

"Focean" I love it - hilarious! I'll have to remember that.