*click pictures to view full size

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Snow Fun

The kids love to play in the snow, unfortunately out here there are only a few winter days when it is actually warm enough to tolerate being outside. We try to get out and play whenever there is fresh snow and the temps are at least in the 30's. The kids have done a little sledding down the hill in our backyard, but we have not taken them "real" sledding this year...and they constantly remind us of that. We haven't had any free weekends with decent weather and since I am large with child and I would have to carry a 2 year old around I haven't wanted to take them after school. :) Unfortunately the end of winter is still not in sight, so the kids keep hoping for the chance to sled on the "big" hill and if not there is always next year! Here are a few fun pictures of the kids outside.

2 comments:

LIZ said...

Isn't it crazy how kids can stay out in freezing cold for hours. Looks like they had a good time, and by the way things have been going they might get a few more months in.

Kelley Rae said...

Let's hope there's no more reasons to go to the big hill - I'm ready for this winter to be over!!