*click pictures to view full size

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Looking Too Old

Last week Anika asked me to curl her hair...she doesn't let me do this very often so I jumped at the chance. She asked if she could borrow one of my necklaces, I said sure and helped her pick one out. As we were getting ready to leave she comes bouncing down the stairs looking too cute! I could not believe how grown up she looked, so I told her to sit down because I wanted to snap a picture. She is growing into such a beautiful and sweet young woman but I am kinda sad to say goodbye to my little munchkin. She is only 8 but I know the next time I blink she will be 13...then 18...then 23...

4 comments:

Jenny said...

she does look very grown up, and very pretty.

it seems like this growing up process is going faster the older they get - if that makes sense.

Dalynne Denhof said...

Wow, she looks so grown up and very beautiful! I know what you mean..I have those moments when you look at your children and realize they're not your little babies anymore. And then I get sad b/c that totally pulls on my heart strings!

Beth and Jess said...

She is beautiful. And I love the black eyes on your little guy. They grow up WAY too fast. It is sad.

Kelley Rae said...

She looks so grown up I can't believe she's the same girl that was running around with the kids! And you totally should have asked to hold Marley - sorry I didn't offer. I love to just snuggle them when they're so tiny, and they really do grow up too fast!