*click pictures to view full size

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Thirty Five...EEK!

So this last weekend was my birthday and I turned 35...I am not that old am I? Most days I don't feel that old and I like to think I don't look that old. :) I can remember thinking 30 was old and now I can't even see 30 in my rear view mirror. I know that I still have plenty of great, hopefully healthy, years ahead of me. What I am really worried about is whether turning 35 means I actually have to start acting my age. :) Adam and the kids spoiled me with perfume, my favorite treats and a shopping trip for some new clothes! Yay!


Anika watched the boys so we could go out to dinner at a fancy restaurant (thanks mom for the groupon!) and then we went to a free country concert downtown. It was so fun!!
We took advantage of the great weather and took the kids to the KC Zoo. It is a huge Zoo...200 plus acres, so there was lots of walking. We bought an annual pass so that we didn't feel like we had to get to everything in one day. It is a good thing we did because the kids were pretty tired after walking about half the zoo. I'll be honest my legs and ankles were pretty sore too...next time maybe I need to leave the flip flops home and bring tennis shoes! :)







We decided to get a giant pizza for dinner and have Root Beer Floats for dessert! It was a wonderful weekend and definitely made turning 35 feel pretty darn great!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday, Shylo! I love you! How do you think I feel.. I have a daughter that is 35.. and she isn't even my oldest... :)

Unknown said...

That pizza is huge!!! Happy Birthday! You so aren't old!
Carolyn
ccmcafeeperspective.com

Tobreth said...

your pictures come out better than mine - I find posting them on blogger to be less than friendly - I must learn from you. You have a format to them - you even did a collage! I just kind of tuck them in dead center.