Next we headed to the Burr Oak Woods Nature Center that was filled with all sorts of information about local wildlife and plant species. There were also live animals so the kids could see them up close and a tree fort, slide and hollow log to play in.
Next we headed out to the Bethany Falls trail which was a 1.3 mile loop. The hike was pretty easy, but it was hot and we didn't see much wildlife or water so the kids were getting a little bored...that is until we reached the middle section of the trail that takes you past a bunch of limestone boulders! The kids loved climbing up the crevices and jumping from one boulder to the next. We also found a thick vine that everyone took turns trying to climb....Anika was the most successful one making it up about 15 feet. (In my defense I was in super slippery flip flops) We all had fun and will definitely go back to this trail and try some of the others. Sorry for the picture overload...it was just such a pretty area and I LOVE taking pictures of my kids! :)


3 comments:
You moved!!!!? Where? I hope you're having fun!! It looks like it.
I know...CRAZY! We are in the Kansas City, MO area now. It was an unplanned, unexpected move but so far we are enjoying this new adventure...although we are already missing family.
Yay, you're blogging!!
Post a Comment