*click pictures to view full size
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Corporate Day at Shedd Aquarium
We decided to attend Discover Card's corporate day at the Aquarium this year. We have been to there before on the free community days and the kids really love it, but this time all the exhibits were free...including the dolphin show. It was crazy busy and I didn't take many pictures because I was too nervous I would lose one of the kids. I am not sure the free extra exhibits and aquatic show were really worth the crowds and wait time (we had to sit at the stadium an hour before the show began to get a seat). Then again I am glad I didn't pay for the extra stuff since I think my kids like the free days area the most anyway. I have seen way better shark tanks, in Vegas our kids even got to pet baby sharks and stingrays. The show had a little too much artsy fartsy going on and not enough animal action for my taste. Maybe I was just expecting too much from them. After we got out of the aquatic show we were literally shoulder to shoulder shuffling through the crowds for about 50 feet; not my idea of a good time. The kids had a good time and it was completely free, except the $20 to park, so I shouldn't complain too much.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We were planning on going too - take advantage of the free exhibits and all - but a lazy morning kept us home. I'm kind of glad it did because I heard the crowds were beyond ridiculous. Glad you guys had fun though!
Post a Comment