*click pictures to view full size

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Surprise Trip to Utah

My sweet hubby got in touch with my sisters and they coordinated with the rest of our families to pool money and surprise me with a trip to Utah the week before Christmas. I was so shocked and of course very excited. Lochlan and I went leaving Adam, Anika and Celtin to brave the frigid temperatures (I hear it was in the -30's)
We had a great trip. My flights to and from were on-time (a miracle in and of itself since I flew out of O'hare) Lochlan was so good on the plane. My big sister picked us up at the airport, then she treated me to Training Table. Lochlan did not take long to warm up to her and they were good friends by the end of dinner. I stayed at her house the first and last nights I was there. Lochlan was so excited to be able to get down and run around after 4 hours on a plane, 20 minutes in a car and 45 minutes at the restaurant. He loved Awnalisa's newly finished fireplace and hearth. He climbed up and down at least 100 times.
The next day Awna had to work but Calley came down and our boys got reacquainted. We met my dad for lunch and he treated us to Olive Garden. (It was delish) After Awna got home from work we had some fun sister time then Lochlan and I went to stay at Calley's. The boys had tons of fun together and Calley and I talked and talked.

















Friday Awna came up and we did some Christmas shopping. It was so nice to be with my sisters...it makes me realize how much I miss them. My mom met us back at Calley's for some candy making fun. I realized then that somehow between our last stop and Calley's I had lost my wallet. Adam was so sweet and took care of all the cancelling stuff that goes along with that.
Saturday, because I had no money or license, Calley drove me to meet Adam's parents in Lehi and they treated Lochlan and I to lunch at Olive Garden again (I could eat there daily-mmmm) We went back to their home and visited for a while. A couple of Adams sibling and their kids came over, it was so nice to see them. I miss seeing all the little kids...they grow so fast. They drove me back to Provo for a Christmas dinner at my Mom's house. I was really happy to be there for the Christmas celebrations. We got to meet my cutie niece Caydence for the first time and Lochlan played with Aspen, Brindley and Ethan. We had a white elephant game, and the kids acted out the manager scene with help from some "big kids"

















Sunday we went to my dad's for his Christmas dinner. I really do miss those dinners. Eating, visiting, letting the kids run around and play. It was great to see everyone and I am so so grateful that you all pitched in to bring me out there. I miss you all so much and can't wait to come out and see you again...next time with my whole family so we can stay a little longer.

2 comments:

Keli said...

Aww, lucky! What a sweet hubby you have! That's an awesome surprise.

Dalynne Denhof said...

What a great suprise! Be sure to give Adam extra brownie pointsfor being able to keep it a secret :) Sounds like you had a great time and made the most of your visit.